Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm on a Mission!

While helping my daughter set up our Total Gym last night, it hit me.  I have too much stuff!  Not only do I have an overabundance of everyday objects (knick-knacks, books, clothes, etc), I also am a quilter/knitter/crafter - so my clutter is compounded by a large fabric stash, tons of yarn, and general crafty items.

Now, it's not like I didn't know this before, it has always been there - staring me in the face.  I have just finally begun to admit it - and that is the first step in conquering your problems, right?

So now that I've taken that ever-important first step, I must also take the second step. This involves getting rid of the clutter, and then beginning to move forward with a less 'jumbled' life.

That's where this blog comes in.  As I say good-bye to my clutter, this is where I will document it - and all the struggles and feelings that go along with it.  I have a few rules that I intend to follow for my transformation from 'clutterpillar' into 'clutter-bye':
  1. Donate useable clothing and household items to charity
  2. Recycle and/or repurpose those items that are not useable as-is
  3. Throw away only those items that are truly non-useable or able to be repurposed
  4. Large items (stuff that is too big for me to transport) will be posted on free-cycle
  5. Yarn and fabric will be used to make gifts for friends, or to donate to charity
Posting every day is not my goal.  I will only post when I feel that I actually have something to report.  Please feel free to join me on this journey. Leave comments, follow, or just drop in from time to time. 

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Hi Quiltaholic!
    I live in a suburban neighborhood of Nashville and I have found that you can also put stuff on Craig's List (they have a free section). You wouldn't believe the stuff I have gotten rid of - packing material from boxes, empty CD cases, worn out wheelbarrow, you name it folks will take/can use about anything you put out there. I also always have a huge "free" pile when I do a yard sale. Sometimes I just put stuff by the road (like excess melons from our CSA box) and write "free" on the box. Now if I could just my grown daughter to take all those Barbies she collected from my house to hers . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    skip bin hire brisbane
    skip bin rental hire brisbane

    ReplyDelete