Now, it's not like I didn't know this before, it has always been there - staring me in the face. I have just finally begun to admit it - and that is the first step in conquering your problems, right?
So now that I've taken that ever-important first step, I must also take the second step. This involves getting rid of the clutter, and then beginning to move forward with a less 'jumbled' life.
That's where this blog comes in. As I say good-bye to my clutter, this is where I will document it - and all the struggles and feelings that go along with it. I have a few rules that I intend to follow for my transformation from 'clutterpillar' into 'clutter-bye':
- Donate useable clothing and household items to charity
- Recycle and/or repurpose those items that are not useable as-is
- Throw away only those items that are truly non-useable or able to be repurposed
- Large items (stuff that is too big for me to transport) will be posted on free-cycle
- Yarn and fabric will be used to make gifts for friends, or to donate to charity